Answered By: Maria Power Last Updated: Jan 22, 2018 Views: 91
Concordia has an organizational account with Linguistic Data Corporation (LDC) for the American National Corpus Second Release (ANC). However, this system is not set up like typical library databases.
To access the ANC, you'll need to set up a personal account with LDC and then notify the library so that we can authorize you as a member of the Concordia account.
Please follow these steps.
- Go to https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/signup
- Read through the rights statement for LDC Guest Users, Organization Users, and Organization Administrators.
- Click on the Accept button.
- Fill out the New User Registration form.
- Select Concordia University - Portland as the Organization.
- After completing registration, a note will confirm your information has been sent to the CU administrator to confirm your status as a CU individual.
- After your account is verified, you'll receive an email from LDC to notify you of your access. The email will include a link to an account login.
- Once you're logged in, click on the Downloads link.
- From the Corpora Available for Download page, click on the download button for the ANC Second Release (the button with the download arrow).
Here are screenshots of this process.