Answered By: Maria Power Last Updated: Dec 05, 2018 Views: 103
Sometimes theses and dissertations from the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database appear in OneSearch with "Citation online" under the title instead of "Full text online," and if you click on the article title, it doesn't show any full text access options.
While this usually means we don't have access to the item, in the case of ProQuest Dissertations & Theses, we may actually have the full-text.
To double-check whether or not we have full-text
- Click on the dissertation's title
- Click on the Check ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database link in the Get It box
- The ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global database should open in a new tab/window
- Type in the title of the thesis/dissertation (or copy/paste the title from OneSearch)
- Click on the Search button
- The results should state whether or not the thesis/dissertation is available in full text
Here are screenshots showing this process, starting in OneSearch:
After you follow the ProQuest link:
On the ProQuest results screen (after you click the Search button):