We'll endeavor to answer emailed questions within 1 business day.
Text questions from your phone, and we'll text you back. This service is free, but text message rates from your cell phone provider may apply.
Concordia librarians are available to assist you from 10am-6pm (Pacific time) Monday-Thursday, and noon-4pm Fridays.
Concordia librarians are available at the Reference Desk to assist you from 10am-6pm (Pacific time) Monday-Thursday, and noon-4pm Fridays.
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211
2800 NE Liberty Street
Portland, OR 97211
Explore the libraries' collections of print and electronic books, journals and peer-reviewed articles, theses, media resources, and course reserve materials, all in a single search.
Research assistance, subject guides, and useful resources compiled by your friendly librarians. Know what we know - find it in Research Guides!
Find the best library databases for your research.
Answered By: Sarah Johnson Last Updated: Aug 03, 2017 Views: 86
Concordia University Libraries subscribes to The Chronicle of Higher Education online, and it can be accessed through our databases as well as through a library-authenticated link to the direct website.
(Please note that if you go to The Chronicle’s website off-campus without the library’s proxy prefix, not all articles will be available.)
Here are the steps to locate the library’s links to The Chronicle of Higher Education:
- Go to Search@CULibraries: http://library.cu-portland.edu/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=CONC
- Log in at the top right corner (same username/password used for Blackboard)
- Enter the title “Chronicle of Higher Education” in the search box
- Click the Search button
- Locate the result for The Chronicle of Higher Education, which should be near the top
- Click on the Access Online button
- Click on the link for the database or site you want to use
- Note: Current full text at The Chronicle online will take you to the library-authenticated version of The Chronicle’s website
- Other links will take you to database versions of the journal, which usually won’t have the most recent month available
Here is a screenshot showing this process:
And here is a direct library-authenticated link to The Chronicle of Education:
(If you’re off-campus, the link will go to the CU login page before going to The Chronicle’s website.)
If you have any questions, please let us know!
Email your Question
If your question isn't in the knowledge base already, submit it and we'll answer as quickly as possible.