We'll endeavor to answer emailed questions within 1 business day.
Text questions from your phone, and we'll text you back. This service is free, but text message rates from your cell phone provider may apply.
Concordia librarians are available to assist you from 9am-6pm (Pacific time) Monday-Friday.
Concordia librarians are available at the Reference Desk to assist you from 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211
2800 NE Liberty Street
Portland, OR 97211
Explore the libraries' collections of print and electronic books, journals and peer-reviewed articles, theses, media resources, and course reserve materials, all in a single search.
Research assistance, subject guides, and useful resources compiled by your friendly librarians. Know what we know - find it in Research Guides!
Find the best library databases for your research.
Answered By: Amy Coughenour Last Updated: Apr 24, 2017 Views: 12
Concordia has an organizational account with Linguistic Data Corporation (LDC) for the American National Corpus Second Release (ANC). However, this system is not set up like typical library databases.
To access the ANC, you'll need to set up a personal account with LDC and then notify the library so that we can authorize you as a member of the Concordia account.
Please follow these steps.
- Go to https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/signup
- Read through the rights statement for LDC Guest Users, Organization Users, and Organization Administrators.
- Click on the Accept button.
- Fill out the New User Registration form.
- Select Concordia University - Portland as the Organization.
- After completing registration, a note will confirm your information has been sent to the CU administrator to confirm your status as a CU individual.
- PLEASE NOTE: This communication is currently not functioning. Send an email to the library (email@example.com) to notify us that you've set up an account. We'll confirm your affiliation with Concordia and associate your account with the organization account.
- After your account is verified, you'll receive an email from LDC to notify you of your access. The email will include a link to an account login.
- The link in the email doesn't work.
- Instead, go to https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/login to login.
- Once you're logged in, click on the Downloads link.
- From the Corpora Available for Download page, click on the download button for the ANC Second Release (the button with the download arrow).
Here are screenshots of this process.
Email your Question
If your question isn't in the knowledge base already, submit it and we'll answer as quickly as possible.