We'll endeavor to answer emailed questions within 1 business day.
Text questions from your phone, and we'll text you back. This service is free, but text message rates from your cell phone provider may apply.
Concordia librarians are available to assist you from 9am-6pm (Pacific time) Monday-Friday.
Concordia librarians are available at the Reference Desk to assist you from 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211
2800 NE Liberty Street
Portland, OR 97211
Explore the libraries' collections of print and electronic books, journals and peer-reviewed articles, theses, media resources, and course reserve materials, all in a single search.
Research assistance, subject guides, and useful resources compiled by your friendly librarians. Know what we know - find it in Research Guides!
Find the best library databases for your research.
Answered By: Amy Coughenour Last Updated: Jan 18, 2017 Views: 20
There are a few steps to download ebooks in the EBSCO eBooks Mobile App.
- Download the app.
- Authorize the app by tapping on the Authorize link.
- The app should load on the Library page, which shows books already downloaded and available. To find books, tap on Find Books in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Find My Library page, update the settings for:
- United States
- Concordia Univ
- The main search page will appear.
- Search for a book based on subject, author, title, etc.
- Once you locate a book you want to read, click on the book's linked title.
- Click on the Download (Offline) button.
- The app will show a Login page. Log in with your EBSCO personal user account, also known as a My EBSCOhost account.
- If you don't yet have an account, you can create one by clicking on the Create a new Account link.
- You can also create an account from any EBSCO database by clicking on the Sign In link and then clicking on the Create a new Account link.
- The EBSCO personal user account is not affiliated with Concordia University. The username/password used for regular library access or Blackboard will not work.
- Double-check the checkout period.
- Click on the Checkout & Download button.
- A screen will briefly appear showing the book was downloaded, then the app will show a progress wheel while it downloads the book to the app.
- The app will return to the Library page, where the book cover will appear, with a note showing how many days are left on the loan.
- Click on the book's title to read the book.
Here are screenshots of the steps listed above.
Email your Question
If your question isn't in the knowledge base already, submit it and we'll answer as quickly as possible.